Ideas@Work: Business Transitions
Thinking of buying or selling a business in Skagit County? Come and learn the behind the scenes story of how one local business successfully transitioned owners—and everyone was happy with the outcome!
Our expert panel will walk chronologically through the Eddyline Kayak purchase and sale process, timing and decisions from the buyer’s, seller’s and professional services provider perspectives.
Workshop participants will come away with an end-to-end understanding of what goes into buying or selling a business.
We’ll address specific questions like
- “I want to sell my business and my employees want to buy it, what do I do?”
- “How much is my business worth?”
- “When should a buyer contact the bank and what do they say?”
- “What do I need a lawyer for and when do I need them?"
The panel for this workshop includes:
- Scott Holley, President, Eddyline Kayaks;
- Tom & Lisa Derrer, Former Owners, Eddyline Kayaks;
- Katherine D. Deets, Principal, Chmelik Sitkin & Davis;
- Laura Minton Breckenridge, Attorney, Skagit Law Group;
- Addie Roberge, SBA Lending Officer, Heritage Bank.
Light refreshments and snacks will be provided for guests of the event.